Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Look What He Can Do: Part 2

Our Dining Room


The Dining Room is one of those many rooms in our house of which I totally forgot to take a before picture. I managed to crop a kitchen photo down to show through the doorway what the dining room looked like before.  Not a great before picture, but it gives you an idea. 

The dining room was already very pretty, just not quite our style.  We changed it by taking down that wallpaper border, repainting, and adding bead board.  We kept the floor because we think its a beautiful floor. 

We also gifted the chandelier that was in the room and replaced with a more "us" light fixture that we found on Bookoo for $20.  I love it!  

Now, this room has masterpiece #2, that I mentioned in the previous post.  For the last 7 years, we've had the same tall four person dining room table.   We currently have that table in our kitchen breakfast nook. 



It's a nice table but wouldn't be quite right for a dining room.  So, instead of going out and purchasing a dining room table, we decided to let James try his hand at building one. I found a farmhouse style table and plans for building it on pinterest.  James used that as a starting point for the table he built.   

Now, James will tell you the table isn't perfect and didn't turn out exactly how he wanted; but I just love it! I think he did a wonderful job!  Take a look, I'm pretty sure you'll agree. 




I need to get some photos or wall decor for that blank wall!


I love our dining room!  James plans to build a matching farmhouse bench for one side of the table which will add extra seating and look wonderful!  

Oh, I forgot to mention. James purchased lumber from a local guy and planed it down himself to make this table.  It took a lot of work and patience as the result clearly show. 

Thanks for listening to me brag on my hubby! Hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you have to say!