Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lego Fun

So, I am still pretty behind on this blog.  What I am sharing today happened a couple of months ago but I never got around to blogging about it.  However, time lines aren't a big deal anyways.  This blog is for fun after all. 

If you have a little boy, chances are they have been or will be at some point slightly obsessed with Lego's.  Truthfully,  I didn't really think Jay would but then out came the Lego movie and suddenly Lego was everywhere.  Really, I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me.  The boy LOVES to build and put thing together.  He spends the better part of his days dreaming about turning our car into a flying car. Some of his happiest moments are when he's creating something.  So, armed with the knowledge that Lego's exist and can be made into all sorts of things, the obsession is beginning. 

We started giving Jay an allowance back in February.  He gets three dollars a week and it gets split up between 4 jars.  He puts 10% in his tithe/give jar.  He put 75 cents in a save (for the end of the month) jar and 75 cents in a save for the end of the year jar.  He then gets to put the remainder $1.20 in a spend jar that he can use when he wants.  At the end of April, Jay got his save for the end of the month money. Off we went to the store.  He chose to spend his money on a Lego plane kit.  






We bought it and brought it home.  I put Gunnar to bed and allowed Jay to stay up a little late to build his plane. I was impressed by how easily he followed the directions.  He did need my help for a few parts but was able to get it together pretty quickly on his own.  


We had a wonderful time putting it together.  We also had a few laughs when Jay saw that I had the camera out and began being goofy as a result.  :)  





I am so blessed to get to be this little boy's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you have to say!